GUILFORD COUNTY GUIDELINES
REGARDING AUTOMOBILE DEALERS
Detailed Plan of Action
1) All dealership operations shall be fully compliant with all the requirements set out in Executive Order 131.
2) Motor vehicle sales conducted by appointment.
3) Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.
4) Designate six-foot distances with signage, tape, or by other means, six-foot spacing for employees and customers to maintain appropriate distance and maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals.
4) No more than ten (10) people, including customers and employees, in the showroom at any one time.
5) All customer lounges closed.
6) Tables available outside the showroom for customers who wish to conduct transaction outside of showroom.
7) Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers.
8) No test drives permitted unless expressly requested by the purchaser and only conducted in adherence to the following requirements: a. Vehicle are completely sanitized with COVID-19 approved products after every test drive with a card stating time it was driven and when it was sanitized.
b. No sales representative riding in vehicle with a customer.
c. Customer to wear gloves that are provided by dealership while test driving vehicle.
d. Disposable seat mats to be used for the test drive.
e. Vehicles test driven will not be driven by another potential customer for 72 hours.
9) To the extent legally possible, conduct off-site / home delivery of vehicles.
10) Adhere to any CDC recommendations in addition to Executive Order 131 for maintaining a safe workplace, including the measures referenced above as well as: a. Identify customers and employees who have viral symptoms and prohibit them from entering the dealership.
b. Require what the CDC calls “respiratory etiquette,” including covering coughs and sneezes
c. Provide customers and employees with tissues and trash receptacles.
d. Prohibit employees from using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, work tools and equipment.
e. Prohibit hand shaking and other physical contact between individuals.