Why You Should Catch a Greensboro Grasshoppers Game
Minor league baseball is a wonderful community building pastime. Still arguably the ultimate American pastime, baseball brings a sense of nostalgia and fun to an afternoon or evening. The sound of the organ grinder, the taste of a hotdog, the thrill of a foul ball hit up into the stands as fans scramble to catch it-it's all about the experience. Whatever brings you to the area, whether it's a business trip or you're shopping for Chevrolet trucks in NC, here are the top reasons you should be sure to catch a Grasshoppers game.
- The Talent. When you watch minor league baseball, you're seeing up and coming talent getting their start. You could spot the next big league star before he was anybody. If you're a true baseball fan, minor league ball is more than just a game.
- The Food. Sure, there's hotdogs and typical ballpark food. But there's also BBQ with hushpuppies, Hungry Howie's pizza, brats and Italian sausage, and even garden burgers for vegetarians. Of course there's snacks like peanuts, popcorn, and Cracker Jacks and desserts like Dippin' Dots ice cream and funnel cakes.
- The Drinks. Your typical domestic beers are on tap and then there's Natty Greene's brews for those who appreciate craft beer. Thirsty Thursdays feature beer specials. And there's wine and frozen margaritas for non-beer drinkers.
- Guilford the Grasshopper. Everyone's favorite mascot, Guilford the Grasshopper can be seen posing for pictures, signing autographs, and dancing up a storm for the crowd.
- Fun on the Field. Between innings there are a variety of games and contests to entertain the crowd. The sausage run involves fans dressing up in sausage box costumes and racing around the bases. There's the hamburger relay where fans race to put together a giant-sized burger made of giant-sized ingredients. And the dizzy bat race never gets old. You may even catch a free t-shirt as it's fired into the crowd.
- Fireworks. Stay until the end of the game for the post-game fireworks. You won't be disappointed.
Shop for Chevrolet Trucks in NC at Bill Black Chevy
Bill Black Chevrolet supports baseball in Greensboro from the ground up by sponsoring the Youth Baseball League at Pleasant Garden Community Center. Every major league baseball star had to start somewhere, and most likely it was a recreational baseball program in their community. When customers purchase Chevrolet Trucks in NC from Bill Black in Greensboro, they are supporting a company that helps kids' baseball programs. Bill Black is a family owned and operated business. You'll find great deals, affordable financing, and top trade-in value for your current vehicle. If you're in the market for a new or used vehicle, visit Bill Black Chevrolet on 601 East Bessemer Avenue in Greensboro or call (336) 944-6555.